Proteins and blood. Other Features

We will discuss:
Proteins. Its plant
Its quantity in the body
Protein and blood
Other Features
The proteins and their interaction with the body
Proteins and their energy intake if necessary

Proteins. Its plant
Proteins are organic substances which, although originating in plants, such consequences of the photosynthetic process, are fundamental structures of animal and human body. The production of proteins in plants occurs from the nitrogen content in soil and carbon dioxide and water vapor content in the atmosphere or, in some exceptions, based on the nitrogen in the air.

Plants are therefore the basic plant proteins, while animals are only processing units of such plant proteins in animals.

Its quantity in the body

The protein is, after water, the most abundant element in our body, so if we removed completely the water that exists in our body, about 50% of it remaining weight protein, of which nearly half is contained in the muscles, a fifth in the bones and cartilage and the rest of the skin and other tissues and body fluids. Only bile and urine do not usually contain protein.

Protein and blood
Blood is one of the body fluids that contain a greater variety of proteins, including hemoglobin highlighting, heterogeneous compound whose molecule is formed in 95% protein. This substance has the task to be a vehicle of oxygen between the lungs and tissues, thereby returning it to the first carbon dioxide produced by seconds. The remaining 5% of the hemoglobin molecule is iron, an essential element of hemoglobin, which gives it its main properties.

Other blood proteins are dedicated to act as the body's defenses, to provide means to develop resistance and also, sometimes, immunity against disease. Some are even as gamma globulin, which may form antibodies that neutralize the activity substances from bacteria and virus, serving each compound formed for a particular disease.

Other Features
The proteins cooperate also in the exchange of nutrients between cells and their environment, which in the case of the body are the intercellular fluid, and between the tissues, blood and lymph.

Where the protein level falls below a certain value, the balance of body fluids and tissues is altered you store abnormal amounts of fluid, swell.

The proteins and their interaction with the body
The human body tissue proteins are not there as substances fixed, unchanging throughout life, but in a constant state of change, breaking the molecules into constituent fractions (amino acids) and reconstituting other new molecules as substitutes of the above. This dynamic is a basic characteristic of living things and explains that in the human diet should provide adequate amounts of protein daily, and the most varied and suitable to meet the needs of amino acids in the body, even if the protein does not It is necessary for growth.

Proteins and their energy intake if necessary
Like carbohydrates and fats, proteins can also supply the body at any given time, and whenever he needs it, the energy required for normal development of their vital functions. As for the body's energy needs have priority over all others, if necessary, and if this can be removed from other components (fat and carbohydrate), energy is making proteins. This protein is first extracted from the tissues, then taking it the liver, in order to take advantage and oxidized nitrogen in the fraction remaining, no time to fulfill the function that has been entrusted.

The preference of carbohydrate for energy production makes them act in a protective protein inside the body, allowing it to perform its functions in the same characteristics.

*Automatic Translation